Friday, September 4, 2009

October 6 Aria Update Part 2

October 6, 2008
Subject: October Aria update Part 2

I'm home much earlier today. I am wiped out! I didn't sleep well last night at all. Rianna woke up in the middle of the night and had a freak barf session. It was so weird. I spent time cleaning her up and the bedding and then was wide awake fretting over her. "Does she have the flu? Does she feel warm? Is this a fever coming on? What will we do tomorrow because if she's sick she can't go to the hospital." Buzz-buzz-murmur-murmur went my mind! I think I nailed down about 2 hours of sleep. So, I'm tired.

Doc called me this morning to let me know that Aria's ANC is back up to a whopping 45! Yeah, we aren't going anywhere. However, she really is getting better. She's off IV fluids. One of her antibiotics has been stopped and her counts are improving. Her hematocrit is back up to 31 after her blood transfusion and Doc said Aria was bouncing off the walls last night she was feeling so good. Doc did mention that Dr. Trobaugh was a little concerned about her chest x-ray though and didn't feel that we were entirely out of the woods yet. Pneumonia? We’re not sure. She wants to repeat the chest x-ray tomorrow morning and see if the antibiotics are doing the job and getting rid of whatever was there. I'll know tomorrow morning. It is possible that we could go home tomorrow if her ANC takes a flying leap above 250. It isn't likely but it could happen. We're taking it one step at a time. Doc will call me first thing in the morning with the lab results and then we'll know how to plan our day.

There's more to say..a story or 2 but forgive me, I'm heading to bed. Let me send you off to bed knowing that Aria is so much better. We are all healing a little bit more each and every single day. ~j

No comments:

Post a Comment